Dizziness is the loss of balance accompanied by faintness or lightheadedness. Here, you will see some remedies for dizziness.
Dizziness is the loss of balance accompanied by faintness or lightheadedness. Although dizziness can occur in people of any age, it is more common among older adults. Persons suffering from dizziness feel tired and some may even faint. There are different reasons that cause dizziness. It may occur due to dehydration, drop in blood pressure or sugar level of the body, abnormal heart rhythms, malfunctioning of the ears, anemia, allergies, stress, tiredness, acute intoxication, flu or fever etc. Here, you will see some remedies for the common lightheadedness that you may have experienced some time or the other.
1. Home remedies for dizziness include drinking a mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar. A tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar can be taken daily for treating dizziness.
2. Ginger also works well for treating dizziness. Ginger juice along with honey can be taken for better results, since honey has so many curative properties.
3. Add black pepper and salt to a glass of lemon juice. Mix this and then drink it to cure dizziness symptoms.
4. Combine salt, pepper, vinegar and mustard in equal proportions and have it along with a glass of water. This will increase the blood circulation and keeps you steady.
5. Indian gooseberry is another effective remedy for dizziness. Eating gooseberry smeared with sugar helps to prevent dizziness.
6. Use coriander seeds to make your dizziness go away. Take about 1teaspoon of coriander seeds and soak them over night in a glass of water and then strain and drink each morning. The seeds help regulate breathing and prevent dizziness.
7. Dizziness can be caused by dehydration or an imbalance of salts in your blood. Keep moderate intake of salt and ensure that the body’s salt is on the normal level to prevent dizziness.
8. Taking proper rest and keeping the body hydrated most of the time is also very effective and essential natural home remedy for dizziness. Liquids can help you treat this health problem completely. You need to drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices.
9. Deep breathing techniques can be quite helpful as a home remedy for dizziness. Learning to take and hold deep slow breaths can help prevent bouts of dizziness.
10. Peppermint has many healing powers so it should be no surprise that it shows up as a natural cure for dizziness. Rubbing peppermint oil on the head while an individual experiences the symptoms can be very helpful. Breathing the scent of peppermint oil can also relieve the dizziness.
11. Another simple, yet effective remedy is to drink 2 to 3 large glasses of ice water to get quick relief from dizziness.
12. Certain high caffeine or sugar drinks or even foods in certain cases may interfere with the body’s natural functions and ultimately cause dizziness. By reducing or eliminating the amount of caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes you will be able to prevent dizziness by improving the flow of blood through your body.
13. Stress is one of the common causes of dizziness. You can adopt relaxation techniques like massage, acupuncture, and soaking in a warm bath with essential oils in it for relieving your stress levels and in turn preventing dizziness.
14. Consume protein-rich foods such as meat and fresh fishes. Protein helps stabilize blood sugar levels and prevent dizziness.
15. Keeping a regular and good exercise routine helps in improving blood circulation and also prevents dizziness. Leg and ankle stretching exercises can help improve your blood circulation.
If your dizziness persists for long even after trying out these home remedies, see your physician to rule out any other underlying problems.